For information about your subscription to the American National Biography Online (the ANB), including how to log in to your administrator account, access usage statistics, and download MARC records, please visit our Customer Services page.
Click on the question to be taken straight to the answer. If you cannot find an answer to your question, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Can I add my library's logo to the website?
- Is the ANB OpenURL compliant?
- Does the ANB make use of digital object identifiers (DOIs)?
- Does the ANB support meta search software?
- What content can Google, and other search engines, crawl from the ANB?
- What discovery services contain metadata from the ANB?
Can I add my library's logo to the website?
Yes, you can. To set up a logo please contact us.
Is the ANB OpenURL compliant?
Yes, the ANB is compliant with OpenURL 0.1. Find out how to set up OpenURL referrals in Customer Services.
What content can Google, and other search engines, crawl from the ANB?
All articles will appear within Google search results (and results from other search engines). You will still see a small amount of teaser content before you are required to login to the site. Google can also crawl all the publicly available pages (for example About and Legal Notice). Google will not index or show the full text of any article.